The UBA (Federal Environment Agency) is accepting applications for the position of a Research Assistant in its specialist area – ‘Ecotoxicology and Environmental Risks of Plant Protection Products’.
Main tasks include:-
1. Identification of deficits in the assessment of the risk to non-target plants that can arise from the use of plant protection products.
2. Processing of the deficit analysis taking into account publications from the European Food Authority (EFSA), other available scientific literature, as well as expert knowledge at national and international level.
3. Detailed analysis of deficits identified as priorities in risk characterization and assessment and development of proposed solutions based on (statistical) data evaluations and expert surveys.
4. Presentation of the results in national and international specialist publications and at specialist events.
5. Participation in the editing of a proposal for an updated guideline for assessing the risk to non-target plants.
Prospective candidates should have completed university degree in natural sciences (master’s degree, university diploma), preferably in biology, ecotoxicology, geoecology, environmental sciences or a comparable field. They should have in-depth knowledge and experience in the areas of plant ecology and ecotoxicology with very good English language skills and good IT and statistical knowledge.
Application deadline: 9th October, 2023
For more information on the job position and application process, please refer to the attachment and link below:-