The Institute for Viticulture and Oenology in Neustadt an der Weinstraße is hiring a scientific employee for a research project in Viticulture.
The project is titled “Spatiotemporal high-resolution recording of microclimatic parameters in viticulture to optimize forecast models and business processes using the example of Rhineland-Palatinate wineries”, and abbreviated as ‘VitiMikroKlim‘.
Areas of responsibility for the position include:-
- Screening of climate-induced soil water balances
- Perspiration measurements
- Growth measurements on vines
- Screening of photochemical processes
- Application of remote sensing techniques
- Hyperspectral applications
- Microclimatic measurements
- Preparation and analysis of data
- Transfer of results and knowledge with project partners
- Development of a microclimatically adapted viticultural management
Candidates are expected to fulfill the following requirements :-
- Master’s degree (M.Sc.) in biology, agricultural biology, agricultural sciences, geography or similar subjects.
- Special interest in physiological issues (photosynthesis, transpiration) and in the application of sensor techniques in viticulture.
- Technical experience in botany, plant physiology and hydrology.
- Technical understanding and experience in viticulture, especially care measures and irrigation.
- IT experience (e.g. MS Office) and computer skills such as using communication tools (e.g. zoom, video conferences).
- Documentation and reporting experience.
- Basic experience in managing project groups and the organization of project meetings and workshops, as well as the publication of scientific results.
- Class B driving licence (Possibly proof of driving a UAV in the open class (A1 or A2)).
- High degree of teamwork, organizational skills, scientific curiosity and interest in practical issues.
Application documents are to be sent to :-
Ländlicher Raum Rheinpfalz
The advertised position is a full-time position, limited until June 30, 2023.
For more information on the advertised position, please contact Prof. Dr. Andreas Düker (Tel.: 06561/9480-566, email address: email@example.com). More information about the service center for rural areas in the Rhine-Palatinate can be found at www.dlr-rheinpfalz.rlp.de.
Application deadline – 27th May, 2022
For the official job posting, please see the attachment :-