NIVA is looking for applicants to fill up 2 positions related to freshwater ecology. Read further to know more about the positions!
Both the positions will be part of the Section on Nature-based solutions and Aquatic Ecology and reports to the head of the section. For research purposes, this section works together with a second section in Freshwater Ecology. These two sections work interdisciplinary with many other sections in NIVA, including teams working on catchment biogeochemistry, urban environments, environmental law and governance, social science, data science, environmental contaminants, marine biology and oceanography, to better understand environmental challenges and to provide sustainable solutions.
1. Senior Research Scientist with expertise in freshwater ecology
Applicants will contribute to the development and implementation of NIVAs research strategy, as well as further develop the section’s core research interests in freshwater ecology and nature-based solutions. They should have a track record of success in acquiring research funding, with involvement in international research programs and/or actively working with national authorities and industry. They will be expected to develop their own professional research interests and networks in relevant projects as well as acquire large research and innovation projects to support early career staff in the section and across NIVA.
2. Research Scientist with expertise in freshwater ecology
The main tasks of this position include:-
- Contribute to developing NIVA’s project portfolio
- Develop and utilize professional and marketing networks
- Contribute to innovative research and market development
- Write bids and proposals for national and mid-sized international project acquisitions
- On average, author or co-author 2 peer-reviewed articles per year and lead report writing
- Transfer expertise and share knowledge within and across sections
Application deadline: 02.10.2023 (For both the positions)
For more information regarding the job position and application procedure, please refer to the links below:-
(a) Senior Research Scientist with expertise in freshwater ecology
(b) Research Scientist with expertise in freshwater ecology