M. Sandhya, our current Editor and Social Media Manager, is beginning a new chapter in her life, thus the EcotoxBlog is looking for a new Editor and Social Media Manager, starting February 2024. Please note that only affiliates of the RPTU (Campus Landau) are eligible for this position.
As an Editor and Social Media Manager you are responsible for acquiring, copy-editing, posting, and promoting upcoming blog posts on the EcotoxBlog (WordPress) and our social media platforms (X, Facebook and Instagram). We are looking for someone who enjoys working with ecotoxicology topics in a social media environment.
We require from you:
- General understanding of ecotoxicology and/or environmental science concepts
- Flexibility and adaptability: be willing to adjust to the fluctuating workload
- Quick responsiveness: continuously monitor email inbox and reply to emails within ~24 hours on weekdays
- Fluency in English, or advanced language level (e.g., demonstrated through certificates, publications, or studies abroad); knowledge of German is an asset
- Natural affinity to science communication: experience in communicating science to different audiences using various platforms, or general understanding of communication principles
- Familiarity with blogging and social media platforms: experience with technical use of WordPress, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, or willingness to learn
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Innovative drive for new ideas
The position entails an average of 6 hours per week that has to be served flexibly. Depending on future workloads, the nominal hours per week may be adjusted accordingly. The hourly wage will depend on your highest obtained degree and ranges from 12.00€ (no degree) to 17.70€ (Master’s degree). If you think that you are the right fit for the job and meet our requirements, then please download and send the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. You have a maximum of 300 words to convince us that you are the right person for the job. You may send your CV as well.