Apply now for the position of a Senior Scientist in solute transport and fate in surface water at Wageningen University and Research!
The Environmental Risk Assessment team at Wageningen University and Research is looking for a new colleague to strengthen their team, with a background in modelling of water flows, environmental fate and behaviour of chemicals in small surface waters.
Required qualifications include:-
- A PhD in (hydrological) system analysis or environmental hydraulics, or similar.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience after obtaining PhD in the field of fate and behaviour of chemicals in surface water, (having additional experience and relevant existing network would be an advantage).
- Knowledge of processes controlling environmental fate of chemicals in surface water, such as transport, volatilisation, sorption, and degradation, as well as understanding the pathways of chemicals’ entries in surface water.
- Experience and affinity with development and/or application of numerical models, e.g. in Fortran, Python, C or R.
- Ability to work in a project-driven environment, balancing scientific quality versus meeting financial results and deadlines, and to handle multiple projects simultaneously, preferably with a track record in successfully acquiring, managing and contributing to (applied research) projects.
- Capability to be a conceptually strong, proactive, motivated, and committed team player who moves the projects in a positive and constructive way forward and is able to collaborate across disciplines.
- Excellent skills in speaking, writing and reporting in English.
- Sufficient proficiency in Dutch or being prepared to learn Dutch via an intensive course.
Application deadline: 22. January, 2024
Detailed information and submission of the application available under this link:-