Dr. Frank Seitz and Dr. Ricki Rosenfeldt were, on behalf of the University, but as well as representatives of their spin-off company nEcoTox Consult, on a delegation trip in China. Along with Minister Eveline Lemke they visited different cities, where they had interesting discussions with university representatives, researchers and Chinese as well as German entrepreneurs.
In the following a brief overview about their destinations is provided:
Mon 14.09. (Shanghai):
- Meeting with representatives of the “National Engineering Research Center of Ultrafine Powder” the East China University of Science and Technology as well as the center manager of Shanghai Huaming (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Meeting with representatives of the “National Engineering Center for Nanotechnology (NERCN)”
Wed 16.09. (Fuzhou, Fujian Province):
- Meeting with the dean of the “College of Environment and Resources” of Fuzhou University (partner university of the University of Koblenz-Landau)
Thu 17.09. (Xiamen, Fujian Province):
- Meeting with researchers at the Chinese Academy of Sciences on “Institute of Urban Environment” in Xiamen
Fri 18.09. (Qingdao, Shandong Province):
- Meeting at the Sino-German Ecopark
- Meeting with a representative of the company “Science Standards Testing Research Institute”
The President of the Sino-German Ecopark announced the cooperation with nEcoTox Consult regarding the application of nanoparticles.
China is one of the most important producers of nanoparticles, thererfore Frank and Ricki appreciated the detailed introduction into the facilities of the named institutions. The communication was extensively improved building the basis for joint projects in the future!
In addition to the Chinese, it also came to promising business contacts with German entrepreneurs of the delegation.