Our current Senior Editor and Social Media Manager, Verena Sesin, is beginning a new chapter in her life, thus the EcotoxBlog is looking for a new Editor and Social Media Manager starting September 2021. Please apply by August 22. Please note that only affiliates of the University of Landau are eligible for this position.
As an Editor and Social Media Manager, you are responsible for acquiring, copy-editing, posting, and promoting upcoming blog posts on the EcotoxBlog (WordPress) and our social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook). We are looking for someone who enjoys working with ecotoxicology topics in a social media environment.
We require from you:
- General understanding of ecotoxicology and/or environmental science concepts
- Flexibility and adaptability: be willing to adjust to the fluctuating workload
- Quick responsiveness: continuously monitor email inbox and reply to emails within ~24 hours on weekdays
- Fluency in English, or advanced language level (e.g., demonstrated through certificates, publications, or studies abroad); knowledge of German is an asset
- Natural affinity to science communication: experience in communicating science to different audiences using various platforms, or general understanding of communication principles
- Familiarity with blogging and social media platforms: experience with technical use of WordPress, Twitter, and Facebook, or willingness to learn
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Innovative drive for new ideas
The HiWi position entails an average of 4 hours per week that has to be served flexibly. Depending on future workloads, the nominal hours per week may be adjusted accordingly. The hourly wage will depend on your highest obtained degree and ranges from 10.91€ (no degree) to 17.22€ (Master’s degree).
If you think that you are the right fit for the job and meet our requirements, then please download, fill in, and send the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. You have a maximum of 300 words to convince us (Jakob Wolfram and Verena Sesin) that you are the right person for the job. You may send your CV as well.
Questions can be directed to Verena Sesin (email@example.com).
Application deadline: 22 August 2021
Download the application form below: