The Interdisciplinary Graduate Center (IPZ) offers a new workshop for PhD students and Postdocs in which they can learn “How to convince in job interviews”.
If you made it to the job interview, you are already very successful: you wrote a convincing application. Nevertheless, there is still a long way to go, because job interviews are the face to face situation that is much less controllable than the written application. In this workshop you will learn how to prepare them. And we will practice them.
What to expect…
Topics we deal with:
• Preparation of job interviews
• Your self-introduction
• What counts most: show your competencies and achievements. But what are mine?
• Typical questions and fitting answers
• To be somehow stressed is normal – but how to deal with it?
• Training of interview situations
• How to talk about your salary?
• Culture based differences – what to consider in German job interviews?
When and Where?
Workshop leader: Dr. Matthias Schwarzkopf
When? 10. May 2017 from 9.00 to 16.00
Where? Campus Landau, CI 1, big conference room (ground floor)
Institution: Interdisziplinäres Promotionszentrum (IPZ)
You can sign up here for the workshop: https://www.uni-koblenz.de/%7Eipzit/anmeldung.php